Me Before You

|
I'm the sort of person who tries not to watch movies (in cinema) during Ramadhan, which means, I am left with 4 days to date. Hence, the me-time-Me-Before-You-movie-session last night. You have to know I skipped gym for this! GYM! In the middle of NNGG!

I picked up Me Before You (novel) just a couple of weeks back. An easy read chic lit I managed to finish in 2 days. It's not my usual reading choice, but I figured to give a go since everyone else is reading it. Plus, the reviews are not bad either. 

I got hooked immediately after the first page. And just between me and you, I almost weeped on the final page.  Crying is my least favourite emotion. I'm not sure if it's fear or just plainly ego, but I'll try my very best to keep my waterworks clogged in. So I could say, this is partly the reason I stopped reading romance novels some time after 20. Booyah.

The impossible romance between Lou and Will arouses me in ways that I can't explain. It brings me fantasies that I can never imagine to have myself. But of course I am not talking about coition (if you have seen or read it, you'd know it's PG13). It's... ah.... I just can't put it into words. I don't feel this way often. The feelings are almost similar to The Time Traveller's Wife by Audry Niffenegger.

The most memorable part of the novel is when Lou freaked out in the maze and Will tried to calm her down.  He got so frustrated because his hands weren't moving to cuddle and comfort her as he desperately wanted to. Jojo Moyes succeeded in imposing deep emotions to the story. Unfortunately enough, the movie skipped that scene entirely. 

The movie also failed to complement Lou's effort in her researches and plans for Will. God, there's so much to the novel that the movie's not showing. But, I should've expected it. It's always the case on movie adaptions. 

All I could say is, if you haven't read it, READ IT NOW. Wth are you waiting for?




0 comments: